THE INDIA QUALIFIERS - DWC
India's biggest dance competition to find the country's best dancers to represent India at Rome.
Dance World Cup is the Olympics for dance with participation from over 56 countries and 18000 competitors from across the world.
Team India has been competing in the Dance World Cup since 2012 and has been winning multiple, Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals for the past 7 years.
India has been hosting its own qualifiers for the last 2 years in order to find India’s best dancing talent from all corners of the country. The Dance World Cup India Qualifiers is open to all Indians and Indians living across the world until the age of 25.
Please note: Trophies and Medals for a large group and Small group will all be clubbed in one category
In case there are less than 4 competitors in each category, they will be scored by the judges and will qualify to compete at the Finals in Rome, Italy, however, the contestants under this category will only be given certificates and no medals or trophies.
JUDGES FOR FINALS
• John Grimshaw - DWC Chairman
• Paola Sopranzi from Argentina – DWC Empanelled Judge
JUDGING CRITERIA (Refer Rules book)
Duration for Choreography:
Solo: 2 minutes
Duet/Trio: 2.5 minutes
Small-Group: 3 minutes
Large Group: 3.5 minutes
IMPORTANT DATES & HOW TO REGISTER:
1st February 2020
Last date for registrations
7th February 2020
Registration kits to be picked up at Phoenix Market City between 4 pm & 7 pm only
8th February 2020
DWC India Qualifiers at Phoenix Market City in Bangalore only for dancers registered before 1st February
8 am: Reporting time at Phoenix Market city
9 am onwards:
- Mini Solo/duets/trio followed by Prize distribution
- Children Solo/duets/trio followed by Prize distribution
- Mini/Children Small & large group followed by combined Prize distribution**
- Junior Solo/duets/trio followed by Prize distribution
- Senior Solo/duets/trio followed by Prize distribution
- Junior/Senior Small & large group followed by combined Prize distribution**
PLEASE NOTE: The event will run back to back continuously, The approximate run time will be up on the Dance World Cup India - Instagram page
• Competition starts at 8 am sharp, so dancers need to assemble 1 hour before their performance slot.
• Dancers who arrive late will not be able to compete.
• Registration kits will not be given out on the 8th of February 2020
9th February 2020
9th February 2020
Master Classes with Paola Sopranzi from Argentina, main Judge for DWC - Latin America.
10.00 am-12.00 noon: Flamenco (Sevillanas):
12.00 noon-1.00 pm: Lunch Break
1.00pm - 3.00pm: Free Dance / Show dance
1st April 2020
• Last date for DWC final registrations after the qualifiers
Selection Process at the Qualifiers
At the Final Qualifiers in Bangalore, a DWC empanelled Judge and the Chairman of the Dance World Cup will choose the country’s best dancers to form the teams to represent India in Rome 2020. (REFER RULES book)
Once final teams are selected, then the dancers will have to register on the DWC website by paying the event fees. (REFER RULES book for EVENT FEES and other details)